The Composites research group of the University of Girona, AMADE (http://amade.udg.edu), is looking for an experienced researcher for the TECNIOspring PLUS scholarship call of the regional government of Catalonia: http://www.catalonia.com/en/innovate-in-catalonia/tecniospringplus/index.jsp
The scholarship is for 2 years starting from 2017. The work place is in the Polytechnic School of the Girona University.
Profile of the candidate:
- Hold a doctoral degree and four additional years of full-time research experience after obtaining it; or have at least eight years of full-time equivalent research experience, including the period of research training, after obtaining the degree which would formally entitle them to embark on a doctorate;
- or have at least one year of experience in applied research and/or technology transfer activities (R&D projects involving companies, patents licensing or spin offs); and
- Have experience in the management of research groups.
- The researcher must not have resided or carried out her/his main activity (work, studies) in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the deadline for the submission of applications.
- Good command of written and spoken English, preferably a TOEFL, IELTS or Cambridge CAE or CPE certificate.
- Used to work independently and enjoy working in an international environment as well as close contact to researchers.
The selected candidate will carry out task related to the investigation lines of the AMADE research group:
A) Numerical and experimental analysis of materials and structures
Focus in the study of mechanical behaviour of materials and structures. Its research activities consist in experimental observation and numerical modelling.
B) Composite materials for aircraft structures: advanced simulation and experimental characterization
The research centres in experimental observation of the behaviour of fibre reinforced polymer formulations for specific models for the numerical simulation.
C) Construction and sustainability technologies
This research focuses on the technological aspects of building, and it combines analytical and numerical modelling with the application of experimental techniques.
- Interesting and challenging environment with highly motivated colleagues,
- ISO 17025 and NADCAP accredited experimental testing facilities,
- An international and motivating working environment.
How to apply:
Interested candidates please send your CV with your ResearcherID or similar, as well as a list of your publications and participations in research projects, experience in technology transfer activities and management of research groups, and a copy of your PhD degree (in English or Spanish) together with a brief motivation letter (max. 500 words) to the e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org by January 9th 2017.